Friday, August 12, 2011

@CrappyBoss Q&A #4

Q. What can I expect to learn from you, Crappy Boss?

A. People aren't born crappy bosses any more than they are born frequent fliers or gourmet cooks. People are frequent fliers because they fly frequently; people are gourmet cooks because the cook gourmetedly; and people are crappy bosses because they boss crappily. Management and leadership (be they good or bad) are not matters of who you are, internally as a person, but rather, a matter of what you do - your acts. So, if you want to be a crappy boss, I can help you learn how to act like a crappy boss.

Now, I am sorry to admit, that some people want to be good bosses. Those so inclined can learn from me, too. You can describe something by saying what that something does or by saying what that something does not do. I suppose that, for those wanting to be good bosses, I unintentionally provide the latter service - describing what a good boss does not do.

No comments:

Post a Comment