Thursday, August 11, 2011

@CrappyBoss Q&A #1

Q. Why do you go by "Crappy Boss" instead of your real name (assuming that Crappy Boss is not your real name) ?

A. "Crappy Boss" is not my real name.

I go by "Crappy Boss" because I want to represent all crappy bosses, whoever they are and wherever they may be - female or male, old or young, private or nonprofit sector, junior staff or senior management, salaried or hourly.

Think of me as a Jungian archetype or a Platonic form. (I have no idea what I just said. As a crappy boss, I often try to impress people with an appearance of erudition; that's a good word, erudition. I wonder what it means. Luckily I don't have to look it up in the dictionary to see if I am using it right because my staff would never dare call me on it).

I might add that it is a daunting task trying to represent all crappy bosses, given how many of us exist in workplaces today.

1 comment:

  1. Welcome to the world of blogging, Crappy Boss.

    You've shown 'great learning and knowledge' by using the word erudition...twice!

    I look forward to reading more posts as you embark on this journey of nurturing, growing and supporting crappy bosses worldwide!

    Sally

    ReplyDelete